About the Advanced Electric Drive Vehicle Education Program
The Advanced Electric Drive Vehicle Education Program, funded by the U.S. Department of Energy, provides information, educational opportunities, and outreach activities for multiple audiences to educate America on next generation vehicles. These audiences include: consumers, first responders, secondary school educators and students, charging infrastructure engineers and installers, automotive technicians, and fleet operators. The Advanced Electric Drive Vehicle Education Program includes:
- Specialized curricula and training featuring web-driven simulators, and a vehicle simulation and demonstration tool.
- Electric Drive Vehicle First Responder Safety Training
- Electric Drive Vehicle Automotive Technician Training
- Electric Drive Vehicle Career & Technical Education Training
- Electric Drive Vehicle Infrastructure Training
- Consumer-friendly educational materials, including the Advanced Electric Drive Toolkit and website.
- Support of National Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Day Odyssey, where the general public can receive an up-close and personal view of advanced electric drive vehicles.
- Many education and outreach events including trade shows, exhibits, and other opportunities addressing advanced electric drive vehicles.
For more information about the Advanced Electric Drive Vehicle Education Program, please contact:
National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium
1100 Frederick Lane
Morgantown, WV 26508
Acknowledgment: This material is based upon work supported by the Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy under Award Number DE-EE0002108.