The First Responder Safety Training program aims to help reduce the risks taken by first responders when responding to an incident involving alternative fuels, alternative fuel vehicles, and advanced technology vehicles. The curriculum includes four stand-alone workshops and an online course on the following topics:
- Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Battery Electric Vehicles
- Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles
- Teaches first responders and public safety officers (such as firefighters, law enforcement personnel, paramedics, hazard response teams, vehicle retrieval personnel, emergency medical technicians, code officials, and construction permitting officers) how to respond to incidents involving electric drive vehicles and their supporting infrastructure.
- Includes workshops for hybrid electric vehicles, battery electric vehicles, plug-in hybrid vehicles, and fuel cell electric vehicles.
What will participants learn?
Participants learn important information needed to safely respond to accidents involving advanced technology vehicles.
- Key properties and characteristics
- Vehicle components
- Vehicle identification
- First responder standard operating procedures
Links to additional information about the available courses:
- Electric Drive Vehicle First Responder Safety Training (online)
- Firefighter First Responder Safety Training (course)
- EMS Worker First Responder Safety Training (course)
- Law Enforcement First Responder Safety Training (course)
- NAFTC’s complete offering of available courses & workshops
- Clean Cities Learning Program First Responder Safety Training